Reach Out. Find Hope.

I Need Help Now

If you or someone you care about may be at risk of suicide, don't hesitate to reach out for help.

In an immediate, life-threatening situation, call 911.

Northern Virginia jurisdictions

These resources are available to everyone 24/7:

  • PRS CrisisLink - offer crisis intervention, suicide prevention, and support to individuals in order to foster self-sufficiency by providing problem-solving skills and information on community resources so callers can better cope with emotional trauma, personal and family crises.
    • Text "CONNECT" to 855-11 to contact PRS CrisisLink..
    • Call PRS CrisisLink at 703-527-4077.
  • Children’s Regional Crisis Response : Provides 24-hour rapid response to all youth (17 & younger) facing a mental health and/or substance use crisis. Trained and compassionate counselors provide phone screening and face-to-face assessment, intervention, and support.
    • Call 844-N-Crisis (844-627-4747)
  • Alternative House :
    • Emergency Shelter for Teens - 703.356.6360 or 1-800-SAY-TEEN
    • Homeless Youth Initiative - 703.206.9890
    • Assisting Young Mothers - 703.280.2162
    • Community-Based Services - 703.820.9039
    • 24-Hour Crisis Hotline - 1-800-SAY-TEEN 
      (1.800.729.8336) or 703.356.6360
  • National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: By calling you’ll be connected to a skilled, trained counselor at a crisis center in your area, anytime 24/7.
    • Call 800-273-TALK (8255)
  • SAMHSA National Helpline - SAMHSA’s National Helpline is a free, confidential, 24/7, 365-day-a-year treatment referral and information service (in English and Spanish) for individuals and families facing mental health and/or substance use disorders.

Especially for Veterans

  • Veterans Crisis Line - The Veterans Crisis Line connects Veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring Department of Veterans Affairs responders through a confidential toll-free hotline, online chat, or text.
  • Call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1
  • Chat online
  • Text message to 838255

Especially for LGBTQ Individuals

  • Trevor Lifeline - The Trevor Project provides crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning youth. The Trevor Lifeline provides support to those in crisis, as well as a safe, non-judgmental place to talk.
    • Call 866-488-7386
  • Trans Lifeline – Trans Lifeline is primarily for transgender people experiencing a crisis. This includes people who may be struggling with their gender identity and are not sure that they are transgender. The Lifeline is not always available 24/7; a schedule is posted at
    • Call 877-565-8860

I live in Fairfax County, Fairfax City or Falls Church City:

Fairfax County

I live in Alexandria City:

City of Alexandria

I live in Prince William County:

Prince William County

I live in Arlington County:

Arlington County
  • 24 hour Emergency Services: 703-228-5160
  • Children Behavioral Health (non-emergency appointments): 703-228-1560
  • Adult Behavioral Health (non-emergency appointments):703-228-4864

I live in Loudoun County:

Loudoun County

©2015 All RIghts Reserved

We’re Here 24/7

CALL US: 1.800.273.TALK (8255)
TEXT "CONNECT" to 855-11